Tuesday 8 September 2015

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini (AKA Cheryl Cole)

Cheryl Fernandez-Versini (AKA Cheryl Cole)

All people have been talking about recently is how skinny she looks and today I thought I'd give my view on the whole situation.

My view, in short, is that it's nobody's business!




But to extend, let me ask you a few questions.

Do you know Cheryl? Do you know what she's currently going through? Do you know her eating routine? Do you know what she does in terms of exercise?

I don't, and I'd bet that you don't either (apart from things you read in terrible magazines that probably aren't true).

OK, another question...

How would you feel if you were happy about your current figure knowing you are feeling healthy and people were constantly slating the way you look?

How would you feel hearing people were assuming you were ill and not healthy!?

Reality is, Cheryl is the only person that truly knows what goes on in her life. She acknowledges she's lost a bit of weight and has quoted...

"I am very happy and very healthy. Every woman has a different body type and handles stress and grief differently. I was a ballerina from a child, so I have really good muscle memory. When I work out, I can look like a tennis player. If I don't, I look different."

This is an absolute fact. We are all different and our bodies handle stress in different ways. What's important is how we over come this, health wise. That's not to say Cheryl HAS to put on weight to be healthy. She says she's currently healthy and happy, and that is the only thing that's important!




But it does go a lot deeper than that and this is the reason I have written this post -  Going around saying, she's anorexic, she looks ill, she looks horrible and she's a bag of bones is both ignorant and dangerous.

Dangerous you say? Yes. Cheryl is in the public eye and has millions of fans, many who are young girls, many who aspire to look and be like her.

Imagine the body conscious 14 year old school girl who read that to look like Cheryl Cole you must not eat. 

Imagine the self conscious 17 year old girl who is the same build as Cheryl Cole who read that Cheryl looks ill and is a bag of bones.

How will these girls feel? Will they grow up confident, full of self worth and thinking about health... probably not! Shaming people for the way they look - it's wrong and just shouldn't happen!

I wish people wouldn't post without thinking about the message they were spreading and I just wish people would think before they speak!

*RANT OVER*

Hadee.

No comments:

Post a Comment